Earlier today, AEW President Tony Khan shocked the pro wrestling world by announcing the termination of CM Punk’s contract with All Elite Wrestling. CM was fired “with cause” following an investigation into a backstage altercation between Punk and Jack Perry last weekend at All In.
AEW happened to be in Punk’s hometown of Chicago for tonight’s (Sept. 2) episode of Collision. Punk is a beloved figure there, of course, and the live audience was very upset about the disappointing turn of events regarding their favorite wrestler.
With that in mind, here is Tony Khan coming out to address the Chicago fans before Collision went on the air. He is mercilessly booed while trying to say a few words about his own personal history in the area:
There’s no word yet on whether Khan felt like his life was in danger when the boos were thundering down on him, but he looked very safe as he took a seat in the middle of it.
NATIONAL NEWS OF CHICAGO
Tony later made the fans happy with the return of Bryan Danielson during Collision, but I have a feeling he’ll be booed again if he addresses these same fans prior to tomorrow night’s All Out pay-per-view event in the very same venue.
- Plans for a memorial to Queen Elizabeth II to be unveiled in 2026 to mark her 100th birthday
- Chicago Labor Day Parade returns to the city’s Pullman neighborhood
- Filing a claim in the $725M Facebook settlement? Here’s how to find your username and other details you need
- Severe thunderstorm watch in effect in Wisconsin, Illinois
- Residents in Tinley Park, Orland Park asked to conserve electricity by ComEd